I have a lot of plans coming this summer, so needless to say a lot of my free time is going to be getting caught up on all the nerdy shows (that is tomorrow’s post) and reading… a lot! With San Diego Comic Con, a trip through the Midwest, Florida then a cruise in November, I am pretty much grounded on spending. I may take a road trip here and there, but that is a big maybe. I will be pinching pennies pretty much until Christmas.
So I decided to make my summer book & Movie/TV watch lists. It is time to read those books I thought about reading & those must see nerdy TV shows or movies. Especially since I am most likely going to be laying out by the pool enjoying the sunshine the majority of my summer 🙂
Those who know me know I read a lot, and I try to read as often as possible. It is a nice mental escape for when I can’t “really” escape.
I have an Ipad mini, and it is perfect for grabbing those Kindle books and reading when I have down time. (which is often right now (sadface) ) Links are included to check out, if you are interested, I know I am!!
anyway I have been asking around and looking at new books to come out, and I have my summer reading list. I can typically read 2 books a week as I read often before bed, or out of boredom and I really do get a joy out of reading. So these are the 20 books I hope to read before Labor Day!
So without further ado My Summer book list:
4. The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific
– J. Maarten Troost (this book is pretty well read in the travel Community & I think I need to read it too)
6. The Lost Consipiracy
– Frances Hardinge (stumbled across this YA Fantasy, which is often my favorite genre)
7. Prodigy: A Legend Novel
– Marie Lu (I read Legend, and I need to read book 2, this summer is a good time to read it)
8. Psych’s Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified
(I love Psych & Totally didn’t know this existed ha!)
10. The Bridges of Madison County
– Robert James Waller- to prepare for my Midwestern Road Trip
12. The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America
– Bill Bryson (A travel book based in America, not something common in the travel world)
14. Into the Wild
– Jon Krakauer (another travel book I have read a LOT about, and decided it was time to read)
15. The 5th Wave
– Rick Yancey (heard good things about it, gonna have to give it a go)
The Madman’s Daughter (Madman’s Daughter – Trilogy)
– Megan Shepherd
Read my Review
18. Storm (Elemental)
– Brigid Kemmerer- (I am always good with a series)
As you can see, I love fantasy, dystopian books (which is all the rage right now thanks to the Hunger Games!) I am sure I will get through these quickly, and I am open to suggestions!
What is on your Summer reading list?