Last year I made a bucket list for Summer and it was a lot of fun trying to accomplish everything on my list. This year I can’t get too crazy with my list simply because I just had surgery and I need to focus on paying that back so I can go international next year but I am going to have a lot of fun trying to tick some small things off my list. Some will even be silly, but the point is to have a great summer, right? So without further ado, I give you my Summer bucket list.
1. Read a book set in each state. I am SOOOO excited that I will be able to read again, reading is one my favorite past times and it has been killing me that I have not been able to read as much as I like.
2. Go to South Fork Ranch. I am a huge DALLAS fan, both the original and the reboot!!! I am still so pissed how the show was cancelled with THAT many cliffhangers… but I have never visited the ranch. I am changing that this summer.
3. Go to the Sixth Floor Museum. Again it is simply baffling that I have never been to this museum. I grew up very close to the museum and it is a standard field trip for juniors at my high school, problem is when I was a junior in high school I became very very sick and missed two months of school and did not get to go. I never went on my own, again this is changing this summer.
4. Save money this Summer. I have said this so many times on my blog this year, I have got to get MUCH better about saving money. One of the reasons I found myself in a bad spot this year was because I did not have enough money saved for my eye surgery. I have a savings goal of $1000 this summer. If I can save more I will, but if I only accomplish one thing on this list, this is the one I feel is the most important.
5. Hike Texas State Parks. In the next two years I will hike the Inca Trail. I am not sure of the dates, but I am sure that my fitness level is lacking and there is no time like the present to start training and getting in shape to hike the trail. One of the ways I can do this is for me to get outside and hike, we have some beautiful state parks in Texas and I can’t wait to explore the trails and hopefully increase my fitness levels!
6. Find movies and books set in Ecuador. I am going to Ecuador with my mom next year and I am determined to have a great list of movies and books set in Ecuador for everyone. Plus this will build my excitement and anticipation for my trip, especially since I had to cancel this year.
7. Eat a snow cone. Yes I know, this is so silly, but I did not have a single snow cone last year, and this was a huge fail. Every Texan should eat snow cones in the summer, it is a must do.
8. Outdoor Music. Another fail from last summer. I did not experience any outdoor live music. This is one of my favorite parts of Summer, all of the outdoor music and this year I fully anticipate on attending as many live music shows as I can.
9. Visit the George Bush library. Here is a secret you didn’t know, I have a political science degree. I can get pretty political from time to time, and I love presidential libraries. I have not visited this one but I will this summer.
10. Try to not turn down opportunities. I have developed this habit of not saying yet to fun opportunities lately, I am really going to try and say yes to fun opportunities this Summer, if I can afford them. I really think I miss out on a lot because I say no, way to much. I am going to try and change that.
So there you have it 10 things I want to do this summer. My list is not nearly as exciting as other lists out there, but as I just came off two eye surgeries I am trying to do things that are local and cheap. Believe me cataract removal is NOT cheap, especially if your insurance is sub par at best.
What are you hoping to accomplish this Summer?