This month was total garbage with news, I had an utter month of unexpected expenses because of added expenses that kept me from accomplishing a lot of my goals.
1. Pay off my Firestone Credit Card– didn’t have due to an unexpected medical expense
2. Practice Spanish 15 minutes a day– due to said medical expense Ecuador is pushed back and I said screw it I am not practicing because I am bitter
3. Save $500 in my rainy day fund– Medical expense drained all my money and therefore did not add to fun
4. Watch 10 movies on the American Film Institute Greatest 100 movie list– I did do this… I need to write about this 🙂 )
5. Walk the neighborhood three times a week– I didn’t walk the neighborhood but I did walk the 1.25 loop at work on my lunch break
6. Eat breakfast daily– I did this about 75% of the time
So that brings me to March, while I did accomplish a few things on my list I didn’t tackle the big list. I recently have learned that upcoming medical procedures that I need are going to be expensive. I have insurance but it isn’t the greatest. While I am very depressed I know I must take care of my health and because of this I have postponed all international travel until I am completely sure of the actual expense of my procedures.
Which is why for the next few months the focus of my blog will be more “inspiration” rather than what I learned on the road. I might do some traveling state side, but because I am going to pay a lot of money towards medical procedures I have to be a responsible adult. I said I wanted to get healthy this year and that is exactly what I will do.
I am going to try to “travel the world” without leaving my home, I am going to find movies, books and even cooking recipes to try to inspire YOU to get ready for your travels. Check out my “Travel by Book & Movie” page for more information. I realize that this is just a slight hiccup in my travel endeavors but I know my health has to come first or I will never hike the Inca Trail.
That being said it is time to get to my March goals.
1. Pay off my three smallest credit cards. It is bonus month for me, and with my bonus I am taking care of some small debts and setting the cards aside because I don’t really have a reason to use them so it will be nice to have them paid off.
2. Get $500 in my rainy day fund. If my math is right and I don’t have anything else occur unexpectedly I should accomplish this pretty easy with the remainder of my bonus money.
3. Continue my exercise and eating healthy regime. I need to keep up the healthy habits I have developed and just because I am stressed out doesn’t mean I need to let things I have already accomplished go awry.
4. Have my Ecuador Fundraising Party. I had huge plans to raise money for my project and yes I still intend on doing that, I said I was going to raise money for those children and I intend to stick to my word.
5. Develop a payment plan for my large balanced credit card and my car. One of my major goals this year was to get my car paid off it isn’t due to be paid off until May of 2016 and I want to get it paid off at least 6 months in advance.
6. Finish my USO girl costume and my Poison Ivy costume. These are two costumes I have wanted to get finished for quite some time. It is time that I get these done. Plus I figure I am not going anywhere I might as well finish all my unfinished projects.
So yes I am very disappointed that Iam postponing International travel, but if my plans go according to plan I will be financially stronger in 2016 and able to travel more often. Plus this gives me the opportunity to put my stellar research skills to work and compile a database of movies & books based in a certain country for when YOU travel somewhere. So if you need a little inspiration go check out my database page. You might find the inspiration you need.
Do you have any goals this month?