Now that I have taken 2 VERY hot baths, scrubbed, given myself a mani/pedi, and plan on getting a spray tan this afternoon… it is time to reflect on my time in Guatemala. It was seriously one of the most insanely hilarious times of my life, and I would do it again. Seriously.
My time in Guatemala was insane. I had so many experiences that I can’t wait to share with you but the first thing I feel I should share, are the things I learned from Guate.
1. My Spanish capabilities are seriously lacking. In a big way.
2. Chicken buses or “camioneta” is the most hilariously insane way to travel. I sat next to a goat, got a bus with a driver that I am pretty sure was three sheets to the wind and pounding everclear while driving, and so much more. I am still laughing hard at the bus rides, I had all my co-workers laughing HARD yesterday at my stories.
3. Parrots speak Spanish.
4. You have NO idea how much work goes into a single cup of coffee, so if you are drinking coffee right now, you need to reflect on that.
5. I am out of shape.
6. I will never eat chicken again.
7. I am a Gringa.
8. Guatemalan Nyquil is NOTHING like American Nyguil.
9. Showers in Guatemala are nothing like showers in America.
10. Look both ways before you cross into a street… Twice in fact three times might not even be enough.
Yes every single one of these statements have a story. I had one of the best times last week. I will share my stories in the coming weeks, but for now here is one of the first pictures I took.
Until Next Time,