The beauty of not having anything to do but prepare for an upcoming surgery is I get to think about what I want to d when the surgery is complete. The other day I posed the question, if you could pick any country you can travel to next where would it be?
I received a lot of responses,most responded France, Italy & Ireland. I did get a couple of unique countries… Namibia… Ghana,,, Turkey..
SO I started thinking about what would I choose, and me being me, couldn’t choose just one. So I posed the question to my girl Ashley…. If money & time was not an issue what 10 countries would you visit before 35?
One of my biggest goals is to make it to 40 countries before I turn 40. So far I have spent time in 6, 7 if you count my country: The United States, The Cayman Islands, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Jamaica and Guatemala.
I still have 33 countries to go, so again I started pondering the question I proposed to Ashley.
If I could travel to 10 countries before I turned 35, what countries would I choose?
Wow this was a very difficult questions, but I came up with my answers.
So without further ado, I share my 10 countries I would like to visit before I turn 35.
1. China- My desire to visit China runs deep, I was supposed to go in 2011 and didn’t. That is a decision that will soon be rectified (hopefully next year). The ancient history, the people, the beautiful script, the chaos.. .I can think of a million reasons I want to go to China. So I need to make this happen and soon.
2. Sri Lanka. This is a newer development as far as countries I want to go to and by new I mean my desire to go to Sri Lanka is only about 4 years old. Sri Lanka in my mind is exotic, it is in the middle of no where and every photo I have seen of the country deepens my desire to travel there. This is a country that I would love to spend a week restoring temples and then a week traveling. I feel there is so much to learn form this tiny country and I really hope I make it before I am 35.
3. The United Kingdom (yes I know it is multiple countries). I have my perfect dream trip already planned for travel time around the UK. All I need is two weeks to hit the highlights, and then when I go back I can explore the villages and country side more in depth. Realistically I need a lifetime, but as I am a cubicle junkie the best I can hope for is 2 weeks. I feel realistically I can hit the UK before I turn 35 and I really hope I get to have my “dream” trip.
4. Norway. I was so excited to go this past February, right around the exact time I found out I was going to need a very pricey eye surgery. Plus I constantly joke that the Norwegians are my people, because I am very pale and I have gray eyes. So I feel it is time I go and visit my people.
5. Ecuador. I was supposed to spend two weeks in Ecuador at the beginning of April but thanks to that pesky surgery that costs a quarter of my annual income I had to put this on the back burner. That being said this trip is back on the schedule for next week and I really can’t wait to visit this biological diverse country.
6. Costa Rica- I am getting really close to finishing up my tour of Central America, I am down to the final three countries. When I decided I wanted to visit Central America I really thought this would be the first country I would visit in the region, not Honduras. My dream is to see the sea turtles in Costa Rica, so my timing will have to be just right, but I am pretty lucky when it comes to timing, so let’s hope my luck runs true when I visit. This is another location I feel is very likely I will get to visit before I turn 35.
7. South Africa. I think I am finally ready to experience Africa. This is a destination that I have always been slightly wary, because I was scared. I think now I am ready to visit, and I think South Africa is where I want to visit first. I have no doubt I will fall in love with the country. Plus come on they have great whites and penguins. That is freaking awesome.
8. Australia- I don’t really feel this country needs any explanation as to why I want to visit, and if my plan goes according to plan, I am hoping I will visit this country ON my 35th birthday. We will see knowing me I can change my mind and end up in Ghana.
9. Peru. Hiking the Inca Trail is either my number 1 or number 2 bucket list item (depending on the day) this is a huge and I do mean huge dream of mine. This trades back and forth with visiting China. If I play my cards right, I might actually tackle this… and soon. This is something I feel I MUST do while I am young.
10. Canada. Sitting here writing this post I am baffled I have not made it to Canada. Sure it is pretty far from Texas which is why I have been to Mexico a dozen times, but it is not like getting to Canada is difficult. I really hope to make it to Canada soon, maybe even this year?
So there you have it, 10 countries I would like to visit before I am 35. Where would you like to visit? Have you been to these countries??? Let me know in the comments below!